7/24/2012

mob notes, 4

Saturday, the day before our family's big day, Tim and I continued puttering along with preparations. A friend stopped in and shared lunch, bringing cherries. You know, when your friends' daughter is about to get married, it's a good idea to bring them cherries.

Now I can show you what Tim was doing in the back yard, which I hinted at a few posts back:


I've learned some things about getting labels off of wine bottles, so if you ever need a few pointers, just ask.

Later that day, we headed to the church for the rehearsal. It was so good to see Tegan, Victoria's maid of honor, who flew from Illinois to be here.


Soon we were at the post-rehearsal dinner, where people couldn't resist showering our heroes with more gifts.


We all trotted off home after that, because some of us had church in the morning. The next day would dawn cloudy, cool, and a little misty, but we would be warm in a pre-wedding sendoff at church for Victoria and Alex, in the form of prayers as only the Orthodox can chant them. We were on our way, now, to the event we'd all been waiting for.

1 comment:

Dee Ready said...

Dear Deanna, I'm betting that those spray-painted yellow and blue bottles are going to be used as decorations on the wedding tables. Right????

Peace,
Dee

Featured Post

New Playroom

I've been consumed for a few years by care for my parents, so writing has fallen by the wayside. In and for my heart, this has become a ...