10/28/2019

reshape, renew, be happy


Mondays bestow reflection. My weekends brim with fullness (mostly joyful), but Mondays find me fairly wiped out. In today's low-energy state I have kept the woodstove insert fiery, thanks to Tim bringing in pieces of scrounged pallets before he left for work. The weather leaves me October chilled even in the sunshine.

My report for today is that I have truly quit Facebook for a time or so. A few weeks ago I recognized it would make me happy to leave that seeming obligation. I realized I was happier to anticipate removing myself from it than I was when I first considered joining ten years ago. And so far I am greatly relieved to leave it.

Other times, I have quit FB in a more dutiful fashion, considering this good for my soul in a fasting sense. Once in a while I would peek over Tim's shoulder at his doings and our friends' profiles before I reached my stated goal, returned to my news feed, and once again played social catch up. But this time I needed real release from it. I am happy and do not wish to return.

As for blogging, I like the thought of renewing habitual postings here, with the knowledge that it will be nearly private, an invisible presence except to those who have a habit of reading Stories Happen for itself, rather than dutifully following a link posted by me on Facebook. I started blogging in 2006 with the idea of becoming known for my wonderful prose-ponderings. The actual, humbling process brought friendships with people whose blogs I check in on, irregularly at best, just as I have rambled along here once in a while.

I will leave today with a sentence I wrote this morning in my journal: "Love is a location." Relating to faith and river walks and even fibromyalgia (I think, maybe), it's something I'd like to expand upon. Perhaps tonight or tomorrow or sometime next month (but by then I will have pondered and journaled something else).

Right now I want to see how this post looks after it's published, with the new blog theme I just switched to. It was time for a bright, autumnal change.


1 comment:

Dee said...

Dear Deanna, this new look is attractive. As to Facebook, I leave only my blog postings there. For me, there's too much that's too personal that is shared. And you sentence, "love is a location," reminds me of something I say to people about my move here to Independence 10 years ago after living in Stillwater, Mn for 38 years. What I've come to realize is that the home of my physical body is Missouri, but the homie of my spiritual heart is Minnesota. Love deep and wide is located there. I look forward to see what your musings on the sentence will bring forth in your writing. Peace.

Featured Post

New Playroom

I've been consumed for a few years by care for my parents, so writing has fallen by the wayside. In and for my heart, this has become a ...