6/19/2007

Ya know, I'm still new at this...

Brain cells. I thought today I had a few, that maybe even some had rejuvinated in the quiet spaces around me.

Tim took time off for a hike with our son and some friends. They left this morning. I bought groceries, wrote, read blogs, and then jogged to music old and new.

After a few more activities and before a well-deserved nap, I decided it was high time to choose the winner of my splendiferous contest. No doubt, I thought, all of the four participants have been on the edges of their seats, awaiting this outcome. Never mind that one of them gave birth this weekend - I'm sure as labor intensified and the grand moment drew near, the mother spent each second preoccupied with wondering how soon she'd learn the winner of my used anthology.

So I grabbed my newish camera, garnered assistance from Dear Sweet Westley, and captured in photos the stages of this anticipated event. Excited about the outcome, but too weary to blog just yet, I put everything away and luxuriated in exquisite daytime slumber. Just now I awoke and checked the pictures.
Upturned Wonder Years cap.

Distinterested cat.


I closed my eyes, swirled the scraps of paper, and chose...


Sorry. I really did choose a name. Guess I shoulda turned off the flash on my camera. Now I don't know if anyone will believe me. But it wouldn't be fair to drag this silly thing on any longer, would it?

I'll post again soon, when I decide what to do.

2 comments:

IndianaJones said...

the wonder years was one of my favorite shows as a kid...I dreamed of being Winnie Cooper...

deanna said...

That was a neat show. I already had at least one kid of my own, though, when it first aired. Guess I'm a little older than you....

Featured Post

New Playroom

I've been consumed for a few years by care for my parents, so writing has fallen by the wayside. In and for my heart, this has become a ...