12/14/2007

And the nose grows

It does. Keep growing, you know. It's not just that it feels that way when you have a cold.

I pondered this, the other day, when primping before going out the door. Even if I could stop the aging process, as ads proclaim, my schnoz continues to lengthen. No one will give me the time of day - as in, what a hottie - once they notice the nose. It's long. I'm old.

Yeah, women get those surgeries, I guess, for this reason. "Just trim the end off, Sonny, if you please. I got a date for Saturday that's gonna sizzle. Right after my hip replacement Friday." I think trying to be thought of as hot these days makes way too little sense. I'm me. Here on earth, we age.

Every nose knows.

5 comments:

Marianne Elixir said...

Hilarious! And so true. I thought it was just German noses - like mine. When ever people comment that the boys have my nose, I always retort "it grows with you your whole life."
I met my biological grandfather once when I was 14. I was SHOCKED to see MY nose, 3 times the size, on his face. Oh, the things to anticipate with age.

Sandy said...

This is news to me. I will be watching my nose now that I knows!

Anonymous said...

I did not observe that you had a particularly long nose. Have you considered the alternative: maybe the rest of your face is shrinking?

deanna said...

I just read a doctor's explanation of what he says really happens: "[The nose] does appear that way. It does not grow; but, it drops, droops and elongates."

Whatever. You can read his blurb in favor of plastic surgery here: http://blogs.webmd.com/cosmetic-surgery/2007/10/as-you-grow-older-nose-grows.html

cecily said...

Maybe it was just your recent cold... all that nose blowing and wiping does make it swell a bit no?!

I've heard that ears also grow your whole life... and I believe it when I look at old men.

Featured Post

New Playroom

I've been consumed for a few years by care for my parents, so writing has fallen by the wayside. In and for my heart, this has become a ...